1. Data We Collect
FoundersClick may collect personally identifiable information, such as name of your operating business, your name, e-mail address, home or work address or telephone number. FoundersClick also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences and interests.
We may also collect and store information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by our system. This information can include your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses etc. This information is used by FoundersClick for the services we render, to maintain quality of our services, and to provide general statistics and/or metrics regarding use of the FoundersClick Web site to maximize the utility of FoundersClick services. When you communicate with FoundersClick (via email, phone, through the FoundersClick Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication. We may also collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the FoundersClick Platform.
- Your Profile Information. When you create an account and profile on the FoundersClick Platform, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing to users of the FoundersClick Platform. Once you create a profile, other users will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the FoundersClick Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and edits to Your Content.
- The Content you post on FoundersClick Platform. We collect and store the information and content that you post to the FoundersClick Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, Your Content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the FoundersClick Platform, This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Service.
- Integrated Service Provider and Linked Networks. You can elect to sign in or sign up to the FoundersClick Platform through a linked network (i.e. Facebook, Google), and you can connect your existing FoundersClick account with certain third party networks like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn (each is considered as a “Linked Network”). If you elect to sign up through or connect a Linked Network, we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. These Linked Networks may also appear in your profile, so that people can find you on these Linked Networks. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by these third parties and may vary by network. In all cases, the permissions page for the Linked Network will describe the information being shared. You should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You may elect to use information from the Linked Network to populate your profile on the FoundersClick Platform and help you find and follow your contacts on the FoundersClick Platform. For information on your choices, including how to disconnect a Linked Network from your FoundersClick profile, see the “Your Choices” section below. You may also elect to connect and make and receive payments to and from use through third party networks (“Integrated Service Provider”); if you do so, you will be allowing us to pass to and receive from the Integrated Service Provider your login information and other user data for payment purposes.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through FoundersClick public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others and will be considered as data sharing outside of FoundersClick and will not be covered under this agreement.
FoundersClick encourages you to review the privacy statements of other Web sites you choose to link to from FoundersClick so that you understand how these Web sites collect, use and share your information. FoundersClick is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the FoundersClick and FoundersClick family of Web sites.
2. Data We Store
All Your Content and postings referred above, are stored in our database, and might be stored even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere, although we periodically may purge our database of outdated information (or materials we deem as offensive such as falsified information, non-business related or pornographic in nature) or that is not relevant to FoundersClick business.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
3. Archiving Of FoundersClick Content
FoundersClick may, but has no obligation to, maintain an archive of some or all forms of data and material on FoundersClick Web site (“Content”) Additionally, FoundersClick may allow third party search engines to store and archive some or all postings.
4. Circumstances In Which Founders Click May Release Information
FoundersClick may disclose information about its users under the following circumstances.
If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
Disclose or transfer information, including personal information, as part of any merger, sale, and transfer of our assets, acquisition or restructuring of all or part of our business, bankruptcy, or similar event.
Also note that your information, including your name, profile picture, profile information, and certain associated activity information is available to other users of the FoundersClick Platform and may be viewed publicly. Public viewing includes availability to non-registered visitors and can occur when users share Your Content across other sites or services. In addition, your content may be indexed by search engines.
From time to time we may share aggregated or de-identified information with third parties for research, marketing, analytics and other purposes, provided such information does not identify a particular individual.
5. Use Of Your Personal Information
FoundersClick collects and uses your personal information to operate the FoundersClick Web site and deliver the services you have requested. FoundersClick also uses your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from FoundersClick and its affiliates. FoundersClick may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered. FoundersClick keeps track of the Web sites and pages our customers visit within FoundersClick, in order to determine what FoundersClick services are the most popular. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within FoundersClick to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area or services that FoundersClick member firms may offer.
6. Security Of Your Personal Information
FoundersClick secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. FoundersClick secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected using encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
- How We Protect Your Information. The security of your information is important to us. FoundersClick has implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe, such as choosing a strong password and keeping it private, as well as logging out of your user account, and closing your web browser when finished using the FoundersClick Platform on a shared or unsecured device.
- Access and Amend Your Information. You may update or correct your account information at any time by logging in to your account. You may also make a number of other adjustments to settings or the display of information about you as described in more detail in the following section about Your Choices.
- Your Choices. You may, of course, decline to submit information through the FoundersClick Platform, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may also control the types of notifications and communications we send, limit the information shared within the FoundersClick Platform about you, and otherwise amend certain privacy settings.
The FoundersClick Web site uses "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize FoundersClick pages, or register with FoundersClick site or services, a cookie helps FoundersClick to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same FoundersClick Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the FoundersClick features that you customized. You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to fully experience the interactive features of the FoundersClick Service or Web sites you visit.
- Pixels, web beacons, clear GIFs. These are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, which we use to track the online movements of users of the FoundersClick Platform and to personalize content. We also use these in our emails to let us know when they have been opened or forwarded, so we can gauge the effectiveness of our communications.
- Analytics Tools. We may use internal and third party analytics tools, including Google Analytics. The third party analytics companies we work with may combine the information collected with other information they have independently collected from other websites and/or other online products and services. Their collection and use of information is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Do-Not-Track Signals. Please note we do not change system behavior within the FoundersClick Platform in response to browser requests not to be tracked. You may, however, disable certain tracking by third-parties using your browser controls.
8. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of FoundersClick we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States or other countries. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.
9. Changes To This Privacy Statement